Welcome to CETAD: developing individuals; developing organisations
CETAD is an expert centre for Work Based Learning at one of the UK's top universities. Work Based Learning integrates University learning with your work so programmes are practical, useful and lead to academic qualifications. Our distinctive approach aims to meet specific professional development needs and work activities as closely as possible so programmes are highly relevant and deliver a return on investment.
For individuals: professional development with benefits for organisations
- Choose short courses, Certificates, Diplomas or Masters Degrees. These are flexible, part-time, step-on, step-off or continuous qualification pathways which minimise time off work and start throughout the year. A first degree is not essential as experience and aptitude count and you may be able to reduce time and cost by claiming credit for prior learning.
- Develop transferable higher level work-based skills in research, analysis and personal effectiveness.
- Focus learning on real projects you are undertaking at work. You will be supported by learning facilitators with practical as well as academic expertise.
- Develop yourself, enhance your career prospects and achieve measurable benefits for your organisation.
Study with us - further information
In addition, for employers: high quality University accredited organisational development
- We work in partnership to design programmes to meet specific organisational objectives
- Bespoke programmes at employer sites with University accreditation
- Link workforce development directly to service and business improvements
Employers - further information
“We have achieved enormous benefits from working with CETAD – as organisations and as individuals. They were successful in gauging something that was evolutionary and dynamic and going with the flow in terms of what we wanted to do. The have helped us as a partnership to achieve something much broader and wider than we originally set out to do and they are the kind of people we want to continue to work with.”
As a division within the Faculty of Health & Medicine we specialise in courses for the NHS and other public and private sectors related to health, social care and biomedicine.